Trak4 utilizes state-of-the-art responsive webapp technology to bring your tracking data to your fingertips in the fastest and cleanest fasion.
To add the Trak4 Webapp to your phone, follow the links below:
- The Trak-4 is rechargeable with a typical cell phone charger (Android-style micro-USB connector).
- You may use the supplied USB cable.
- Additionally, you may use the supplied USB cable to connect to a computer or vehicle USB port.
- The blue pins indicate positions from the last 24 hours.
- The green pins indicate positions from prior to 24 hours ago.
- A good way to determine how long a device was stopped is to go to the Report History page
- Look for one or more consecutive reports with no MPH reading (asset is not moving).
- The device will issue a report when movement stops, once every 24 hours while the asset is stopped, and an additional report when movement begins.
Product Activation and Setup
Yes! You may view our video library in the menu above or view the product activation video below.
- Plug your Trak4 into a charger for 3 hours to activate and fully charge the battery.
- Sign up your account at https://gps.trak-4.com
- Enter your Trak4's Keycode
- Choose a subscription option that suits you
- Select your desired reporting frequency
- It is best to place the Trak4 in a location that has at least a partial view of the sky so that the GPS satellite signal can be processed.
- Many locations that do not have a clear view of the sky will work fine so long as the Trak4 is not contained within too much metal
- You may utilize the mounting holes for bolting or securing the Trak4 to an asset (zip-ties, etc).
- You may also utilize adhesive magnets on the underside of the Trak4 to mount to an asset
- You may also place the Trak4 within a container -- keep in mind that covering the Trak4 in too much material, especially metal, may block the GPS satellite signal
- Be careful not to cover the top of the Trak4 in metal as that hinders the Trak4's ability to process GPS and Cell information.
- Make sure the battery is charged
- Check the dashboard at gps.trak-4.com -- are there any warnings about cell reception or GPS satellite reception?
- Try mounting the Trak4 in a location that is more open to the sky.
- Check whether there is any metal covering the top of the Trak4
If your Trak4 is in a location that does not have good cell reception, it may save the GPS report and send it later.
- Your Trak4 is on 1 hour reporting.
- It wakes up and issues a GPS report at 2:00 PM
- It wakes up to issue a report at 3:00 PM, but does not have a strong enough cell signal.
- It goes back to sleep to try again at 4:00 PM
- At 4:00 PM, it has a good cell signal. It sends in the 3:00 PM report AND the 4:00 PM report at this time
- Please navigate to https://gps.trak-4.com/
- Click through to your device dashboard.
- Click over to "Report History"
- Look for the "Location Method" column in the Report History table
- If it says "GPS" then your location was calculated, for that report, with GPS satellite signals. This location should be very, very close to accurate, often within a few feet.
- However, if it says "Cell", then your device resorted to "Cell Trilateration" location method.
- Cell Trilateration, depending upon how many cell towers are in range, may be off by up to a mile
- To have fewer Cell Trilateration reports, please mount the Trak4 in a location that is more open to the sky.
- If you continue to get the occasional geozone alert based upon Cell Trilateration reports, you may opt-out of Cell Trilateration Geozone Alerts on the "Manage" tab of the Trak4 Dashboard at https://gps.trak-4.com/
- Remove the circular end-cap from the Trak4.
- Inside, you will see a Micro-USB port
- Use a typical cell phone charger (with a USB connector) to charge the Trak4
- Alternatively, you may use the provided USB cable and connect to a cell charger, computer, or vehicle USB port
- It takes up to 5 hours to achieve a full charge from a fully-depleted battery
- After charging, place the circular endcap back on the Trak4 to maintain weather-proofing