Trak4 utilizes state-of-the-art responsive webapp technology to bring your tracking data to your fingertips in the fastest and cleanest fasion.
To add the Trak4 Webapp to your phone, follow the links below:
- The Trak-4 is rechargeable with a typical cell phone charger (Android-style micro-USB connector).
- You may use the supplied USB cable.
- Additionally, you may use the supplies USB cable to connect to a computer or vehicle USB port.
Product Activation and Setup
Yes! You may view our video library in the menu above or view the product activation video below.
- Plug your Trak4 into a charger for 3 hours to activate and fully charge the battery.
- Sign up your account at https://gps.trak-4.com
- Enter your Trak4's Keycode
- Choose a subscription option that suits you
- Select your desired reporting frequency
- It is best to place the Trak4 in a location that has at least a partial view of the sky so that the GPS satellite signal can be processed.
- Many locations that do not have a clear view of the sky will work fine so long as the Trak4 is not contained within too much metal
- You may utilize the mounting holes for bolting or securing the Trak4 to an asset (zip-ties, etc).
- You may also utilize adhesive magnets on the underside of the Trak4 to mount to an asset
- You may also place the Trak4 within a container -- keep in mind that covering the Trak4 in too much material, especially metal, may block the GPS satellite signal
- Be careful not to cover the top of the Trak4 in metal as that hinders the Trak4's ability to process GPS and Cell information.
- Make sure the battery is charged
- Check the dashboard at gps.trak-4.com -- are there any warnings about cell reception or GPS satellite reception?
- Try mounting the Trak4 in a location that is more open to the sky.
- Check whether there is any metal covering the top of the Trak4
If your Trak4 is in a location that does not have good cell reception, it may save the GPS report and send it later.
- Your Trak4 is on 1 hour reporting.
- It wakes up and issues a GPS report at 2:00 PM
- It wakes up to issue a report at 3:00 PM, but does not have a strong enough cell signal.
- It goes back to sleep to try again at 4:00 PM
- At 4:00 PM, it has a good cell signal. It sends in the 3:00 PM report AND the 4:00 PM report at this time
- Please navigate to https://gps.trak-4.com/
- Click through to your device dashboard.
- Click over to "Report History"
- Look for the "Location Method" column in the Report History table
- If it says "GPS" then your location was calculated, for that report, with GPS satellite signals. This location should be very, very close to accurate, often within a few feet.
- However, if it says "Cell", then your device resorted to "Cell Trilateration" location method.
- Cell Trilateration, depending upon how many cell towers are in range, may be off by up to a mile
- To have fewer Cell Trilateration reports, please mount the Trak4 in a location that is more open to the sky.
- If you continue to get the occasional geozone alert based upon Cell Trilateration reports, you may opt-out of Cell Trilateration Geozone Alerts on the "Manage" tab of the Trak4 Dashboard at https://gps.trak-4.com/
- Remove the circular end-cap from the Trak4.
- Inside, you will see a Micro-USB port
- Use a typical cell phone charger (with a USB connector) to charge the Trak4
- Alternatively, you may use the provided USB cable and connect to a cell charger, computer, or vehicle USB port
- It takes up to 5 hours to achieve a full charge from a fully-depleted battery
- After charging, place the circular endcap back on the Trak4 to maintain weather-proofing